This course aims to provide participants with the skills needed to train even the most difficult group of participants successfully. One of the most challenging training courses is mandatory cultural diversity training. It is undervalued, and poor trainers make the problem worse.
Even if you have an eager audience, your level of facilitation skill can turn them into discontented people wishing they were somewhere else. Their learning experience depends on how well the facilitator manages the class and the landmines that surface along the way.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- A better understanding of their training and facilitation skills
- Understand the organizational inclusion change process
- Develop a rationale for the inclusion plan
- Understand how to use a Balanced Scorecard in the planning process.
- Utilize the content to build a plan
- Develop a continuous learning action plan
Participant Success Story
We are seasoned trainers. You helped us get to the next level. It was a jammed packed few days of training, but we are better trainers for it. Thank you on behalf of the United States Army Special Operations unit.
Lt. Commander K.W.
There are three formats for completing the CDT:
(1) Online (DELA 200B & DELA 400B)
(2) Four-day classroom (DELA 400A);
(3) Blended version (DELA 200B online and attending the last two days of the DELA 400A classroom training).
- Learn in small group settings.
- Ask as many questions as you need. Get the support needed to meet your unique challenges.
- Learn from the experiences of others.
- Receive your certification on the final day after the successful completion of the training.
- The course takes place over four days of classroom training
- Three online modules were completed before the beginning of the classroom training
- May require travel
- Learn at your own pace
- 24-hour/365-day access
- Learn in small group settings
- Ask as many questions as you need. Get the support needed to meet your unique challenges
- High-speed internet, computer access, word processing programs
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Receive your certification after successfully completing the training
A participant manual (created by DTUI) is provided to each student. The cost is included in the registration fee.
Participant Success Story
I have taken the CDP course in the past and other DELA courses. I am excited about completing the CDE. I have learned so much working with Dr. Billy over the years. I immediately realized after starting the strategic planning course that I needed to have completed that long before now – Dr. Billy had been encouraging me to do so based on what he knows about my work.
Michael Eatman, Director of Diversity & Community Life, Pike School