- Instructor: Kopenhavn
HIGH IMPACT TRAINING FACILITATION SKILLS
Length: 4 days
Office hours: Monday – Friday
Time: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Contact: (415) 692-0121 (Business Office); firstname.lastname@example.org
The mandatory cultural diversity training is one of the most challenging courses to facilitate. Political issues, differences in attitudes towards cultural diversity training, the mandatory requirement, and cultural differences among the participants are just some of the factors that require specialized training. The purpose of this course is to provide participants with the skills needed to successfully facilitate cultural diversity training.
- Appraise their training and facilitation skills
- Illustrate the use of adult learning techniques
- Demonstrate the use of active learning techniques
- Demonstrate an ability to manage “hot topic” discussions.
- Create a video of using facilitation techniques with an audience.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Better understand their training and facilitation skills
- Understand the organizational inclusion change process
- Develop a rationale for the inclusion plan
- Understand how to use a Balanced Scorecard in the planning process.
- Utilize the content to build a plan
- Develop a continuous learning action plan
The online course requires completing classroom exercises, projects, and active participation.
The Accelerated Learning Handbook: A Creative Guide to Designing and Delivering Faster, More Effective Training Programs. Dave Meier (2000), McGraw-Hill, New York.
Other Resources include Instructional videos, articles, worksheets and templates.
Certified Diversity & Inclusion Trainer (CDT) Certification Requirements
The classroom course is typically 4 consecutive days. The first two days cover DELA 200A and the last two days covers DELA 400A. A blended training format is an option, which includes the DELA 200B online course followed by the last two days of the classroom training (DELA 400A).