- Instructor: Kopenhavn
- Students: 6
TRAINING DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
DELA 200 A
Length: 2 days
Office hours: Monday – Friday
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Contact: (415) 692-0121 (Business Office); email@example.com
This course is designed to develop your ability to create high impact training modules. The goal is to give you a set of best practice tools needed to effectively design cost-effective training modules to develop competencies. The course emphasizes cultural diversity training, but the skills can be applied to any type of training.
There are two parts to creating cultural diversity courses: Training design and training module development. Instructional design relies on a combination of skill, discipline, experience, and creativity. Training implementation focuses on facilitation skills, which is provided in a separate DELA course offering. Using the tools and steps provided in this course, both the experienced and novice trainer will find that the work can be done with more ease and even enjoyable.
The development phase involves creating the instructional materials and quality assurance is evaluated to make certain that there is a close fit between what you intended in the design and the actual product contents.
In this course, you will learn to:
- The phases of training design and development
- Apply the phases to designing and developing a diversity training.
- The rationale for a needs analysis to identify organizational cultural competence gaps for targeted training.
- Identify the resources needed to get a training up and running.
- Prepare participants for training roll out.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training
- Describe the diversity and inclusion strategic planning process
- Develop a rationale for the diversity & inclusion plan
- Construct a Cultural Diversity Balanced Diversity Scorecard
- Employ what was learned to develop a strategic plan