- Instructor: Kopenhavn
HIGH-IMPACT TRAINING FACILITATION SKILLS
Mandatory cultural diversity training is one of the most challenging courses to facilitate. Political issues, differences in attitudes towards cultural diversity training, the mandatory requirement, and cultural differences among the participants are just some of the factors that require specialized training. This course aims to provide participants with the skills needed to facilitate cultural diversity training successfully.
- Instructor: TBD
- Length: 10 Modules
- Office hours: TBD
- Grade: Pass/Fail (78%)
- Course Access: 365 days/ 24 hours per day/ 7 days a week
- Format: Online
- Contact: (415) 692-0121 (Business Office); firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increase your awareness and understanding of the pitfalls of facilitating diversity training.
- Increase your ability to facilitate diversity training focusing on managing emotionally charged topics.
- Provide you with facilitation skill feedback.
- Increase understanding of how to enhance your audience’s engagement and learning.
- The overall goal is to offer solutions for engaging your audiences in ways that increase engagement and learning.
Diversity Certification Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Appraise their training and facilitation skills
- Illustrate the use of adult learning techniques
- Demonstrate the use of active learning techniques
- Demonstrate an ability to manage “hot topic” discussions.
- Create a video using facilitation techniques with an audience.
- The Accelerated Learning Handbook: A Creative Guide to Designing and Delivering Faster, More Effective Training Programs. Dave Meier (2000), McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Other Resources include Instructional videos, articles, worksheets and templates.
- The diversity practitioner’s role & responsibilities
- The Stage of Inclusive Competence Framework™
- Designing & Developing a High-Impact Diversity & Inclusion Initiative
- Linking the Cultural Diversity Initiative to the Organization’s Bottomline
- Assessing Inclusion Competence Gaps & Barrier Analysis
- Sustainable Diversity Initiative Implementation
The online course requires completing ten modules. Homework is assigned for each module. The types of assignments include:
- Discussion board assignments that require sharing your answers with the other participants to learn from each other.
- Application assignments that require using what is learned to design and develop training project.
- Computer with high-speed internet access
- Access to the online meeting platform (Please try this at least two days before the first lecture/discussion session to manage any technical difficulties beforehand).
- Telephone access (preferably with earphones)
- MS Word (Do not submit files in pdf, please)