Classroom Course Format
- Instructor: TBD
- Length: 4 Days
- Schedule: TBD
- Grade: Pass/Fail (78%)
- Contact: (415) 692-0121 (Business Office); email@example.com
In this workshop, you will increase your understanding of inclusion and the challenges of managing cultural diversity in organizations. Diversity management techniques and practices with a track record of success will be introduced and practiced.
This is a classroom format course that is interactive and focuses on developing competence needed to manage cultural diversity and inclusion in organizations.
This workshop is designed to improve participants’ competence in the following areas:
- Understanding and describing the challenges of managing cultural diversity and inclusion in organizations.
- Valuing and recognizing the benefits of diverse worldviews in supporting workplace productivity and collegiality.
- Evaluating behavior and performance, especially as it relates to workplace contributions.
- Understanding what is needed to retain, motivate, and promote staff from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Increasing awareness of biases, identifying personal, and reducing biases that result in exclusion.
- Learning inclusive behaviors to work effectively with culturally different individuals.
- Learning practical methods for overcoming barriers to inclusion and belonging.
- Intervening effectively in situations that involve potential exclusion.
- Applying inclusive behaviors to accommodate the needs of people who are culturally different.
- Learning effective ways to promote capitalizing on people’s different talents.
- The training is experiential, interactive, and focuses on developing inclusive intelligence awareness, attitude, knowledge, and skills used in the workplace.
- The participants are engaged as professionals with considerable experience managing people and dealing with cultural differences. The course supports the development of next level competencies.
- The training honors and recognizes the need to balance the views of both the privileged and historically excluded participants in order to achieve sustainable inclusion and belonging.
- The workshop is for participants seeking to increase effectiveness in enhancing communication and productivity in a culturally diverse workplace.
- The facilitator(s) serves as a guide for participants in their efforts to learn how to increase their inclusive intelligence.
- Complicated cultural collisions in the workplace are clarified and skills for navigating cultural collisions are practiced.
Participants must meet minimum criteria in each group and individual assignment.
- Participant manuals